Pilates not only considerably tones the body but has endless benefits ….Core strengthening for Spinal and Pelvis alignment, decreases back injuries, improves posture and gives you Body confidence and awareness and improves flexibility. Pilates is for EVERYONE! It is a non-aerobic form of exercise and once practiced you will realise what a vital necessity this form of exercise is for general wellbeing, inner strength, confidence, excellent posture and tone of body. Making the mind and body work as one through a very focused approach leaves you feeling very relaxed and stress free!
Within weeks of starting you will notice that your stomach is flatter. Your muscles will feel more toned and your joints will be looser and more supple.
This hugely popular class fuses legendary fitness techniques from Pilates, Dance and yoga. You will streamline, firm, tighten and tone your entire body without adding bulk. Creating balance, posture, body awareness, flexibility and cardiovascular endurance. The result is a body that looks and moves 10 years younger! (And get this… you don’t need any dance experience!)……The brand new workout from LA which Hannah is being trained up by the one and only celebrity trainer TRACEY MALLET to become a master trainer and teach all future instructors in the UK and Europe. A class you MUST try!!!
Seated Pilates (on chairs)
These classes allow you to feel the same benefits as Pilates but are aimed at people with arthritis, joint pain or who have limited mobility and struggle to get down to the floor. This class will leave you feeling more energised and improve mobility and general wellbeing and definitely improve mental clarity.
Pilates on the Ball
Pilates on the Ball merges the principles and exercises of the highly effective Pilates Method of body conditioning with the unique functions of the exercise ball. The ball magnifies the benefits of the carefully developed and refined Pilates Method. Because maintaining balance on the ball recruits the deep, stabilizing muscles of the spine, the postural muscles are strengthened. The ball intensifies athletic performance by increasing resistance and heightening awareness of how the body moves in space. There are over 100 innovative exercises adapted specifically to large (55 and 65 cm) balls. These workouts not only build the abdominal core but also strengthen and train deep muscles in order to soothe low-back pain and increase overall body strength, balance, and coordination.
Back Care and Injury Pilates
This class is a VERY slow and controlled pace and caters for those who are overcoming an injury, surgery or back injury or pain. The class will be tailored to everyones individual needs and will allow people to feel confident and without feeling like they are holding the class up as everyone in the class will be there for a similar reason.
See below for the ENDLESS benefits of taking regular pilates classes during pregnancy and how it can help during labour …..
* Pilates strengthen your tummy muscles, which equips your body better to cope with the strains caused by the weight of your growing baby. Hormones make the tissues (ligaments) that connect your bones more pliable in pregnancy, making you more prone to injury.
* The deep muscles that are strengthened during pilates help bare down and to push the baby out during labour
* Pilates reduces back pain, by exercising the deepest tummy muscles that stabilise your back and pelvis. Weak muscles can lead to back or pelvic pain.
* Pilates strengthen your pelvic floor, which will help to support your bowel, bladder and uterus (womb) as your baby grows and moves down. This may prevent you from leaking small amounts of wee when you cough or sneeze. Research suggests that doing pilates regularly can be as effective as doing pelvic floor exercises.
* Pilates helps with balance, as you may feel a little more clumsy, or that your balance isn’t as good as usual, in pregnancy. Pilates exercises strengthen your core and may make you more stable when you walk as your bump grows.
* Pilates takes the strain off your back and pelvis, by using positions such as going on your hands and knees, which is a great position for pregnancy. Towards the end of your pregnancy, it may also help to get your baby into the right position for birth.
* Pilates helps relax and control your breathing, which is important for pregnancy and labour. It helps with training the mind to think positively about labour.
According to the BBC programme ‘How to stay young’ dancing is the best form of exercise as it challenges the brain to muscle connection and through regular aerobic training that incorporates some type of dance at least once a week anyone can maximize his or her brain function. This is an extremely fun class that gets our heart rates up to some contagious and toe tapping tunes from the 50s right the way through to modern day!!!Be sure to learn the Merengue, Salsa, Cha cha, Waltz, Jive, Tango and much much more! No previous dance experience needed and no partner required!!Come along and be sure to sweat and sing at the same time!!!
Our Yoga classes will leave you feeling relaxed and relieved of any muscle tension and will increase your flexibility and mobility of your joints. Yoga also helps improve mental health and allows you to switch off from the outside world managing stress and anxiety levels. ALL our yoga instructors are highly qualified and experienced in their field and are extremely dedicated having travelled as far as New Zealand for their education. Our yoga classes are becoming increasingly popular so get booked in to see what your missing!
Corporate Pilates classes in your own Office or workspace(minimum of 8 people)
We are excited to announce we are taking bookings for Corporate Pilates……A healthy workforce is essential to all businesses, so why not put on office pilates classes, these could be before work, during lunch or after work. Providing you have the required space available we are happy to come to you with all the required equipment or you come to us at the studio. Give it a try and you won’t turn back. Not only is it a great stress reliever, Pilates strengthens the postural muscles to prevent injury and back pain and increases flexibility. It’s also great for staff morale and team building!
Adult Dance Fitness (Tues 8:30pm)
We are very excited and lucky to have the one an only Gemma Daniels teaching this amazing class. Gemma went to one of the U.K.’s highest proclaimed dance college ‘Performers’ at the age of 16. From there she has had a full 14 year dance career, which she is very proud of. It has taken her all over the world, including over 3 years in the U.S living in Vegas and performing as a backing dancer for KYLIE MINOGUE!! This class will be a fun, energetic new class for all adults. Includes, a set warm up building up strength & stamina. Followed by a routine, using music from the 70’s 80’s 90’s or now!!This class will get you sweating and singing at the same time!!!